Friday 1 April 2016

The Hamilton Book Tag


So, lately I've become a little bit obsessed with this musical, Hamilton. If you haven't heard of it before, it is a musical that tells the story of Alexander Hamilton (one of America's founding fathers) and the American Revolution through hip-hop/R&B songs. It's SO GOOD and I would definitely recommend checking it out (it's on Spotify). So, I'd thought I'd do this tag, which was created by Maureen Keavy. Link to her video here .

Anyways, here we go.

1. The Room Where it Happens: A Book World You Would Put Yourself In
I'm going to go with the obvious choice here and choose the wizarding world of Harry Potter. I would absolutely love to live in that world! Ever since reading that series I've wanted to attend Hogwarts!

2. The Schuyler Sisters: An Underrated Female Character
I think that Zu from Alex Bracken's The Darkest Minds trilogy is pretty underrated. She has been through A LOT at such a young age and I think she is one of the strongest characters in the series because of this. She need some more recognition!

3. My Shot: A Character That Goes After What They Want and Doesn't Let Anything Stop Them
Celaena Sardothien from the Throne of Glass series definitely goes after what she wants. She is a super strong female character and is willing to manipulate and kill for whatever she wants.

4. Stay Alive: A Character You Wish Was Still Alive
SPOILERS FOR THE BOOK THIEF.
I wish that everybody from The Book Thief was still alive. Especially Rudy, Hans and Rosa since they died during the bombing and not of old age like Liesel.

5. Burn: The Most Heartbreaking End to a Relationship
SPOILERS FOR THE DARKEST MINDS.
The end to Ruby and Liam's relationship (kind of) in The Darkest Minds was super devastating and frustrating since Ruby didn't have to erase herself from Liam's memory (and they are one of my OTPs). The fact that it also ended in a cliffhanger made it that much worse.

6. You'll Be Back: The Sassiest Villain
Here I'm going to have to say Moriarty from BBC's Sherlock, which is kind of cheating since I've only seen the show and not read the stories (I know, I'm terrible). But Moriarty (played by Andrew Scott) is my favourite villain of all time, he has some of the best dialogue, and impeccable taste.

7. The Reynolds Pamphlet: A Book With Twist You Didn't See Coming
There were a ton of scheming and twists in Queen of Shadows. You'll know what I'm talking about if you've read it.

8. Non-Stop: A Series You Marathoned
Last Year I marathoned all of Rick Riordan's completed series: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Heroes of Olympus and The Kane Chronicles (with a break between each series, mind you). I read all of PJO first, then later went back to marathon HoO, and then again later that year I read KC.

9. Satisfied: Favourite Book With Multiple POVs
I'm going to have to go back to one of Rick Riordan's books, The Mark of Athena. I was super glad that we finally got to see some of the story from Annabeth's point of view, and I loved her narration!

10. Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story: A Book/Series That Will Be Remembered Throughout History
Harry Potter obviously! Enough said.


BONUS QUESTIONS!

11. Helpless: A Relationship You Were Pulling For From the Start
Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase. OTP, OTP, OTP.

12. Ten Duel Commandments: Favourite Fight Scene 
The fight scene at the end of The Last Olympian was great. The whole book was basically one huge battle, it was amazing!

13. Say No To This: A Guilty Pleasure Read
I don't really have an answer for this question. The Selection series maybe?

14.  What Comes Next: A Series You Wish Had More Books
Again, Harry Potter! I think everybody wants more.

15. Right Hand Man: Favourite BROTP
I'd have to say that one of my favourite friendships would have to be the golden trio from Harry Potter, but I also really love [Spoiler (ish) for The Throne of Glass series] Aelin and Lysandra's friendship.

16. What'd I Miss: A Book or Series You Were Late to Reading
PJO and HoO. I only got around to them last year (crazy right?!)!


That's it for the tag! You should definitely go check out Hamilton if you haven't listened to it yet!



No comments:

Post a Comment