Wednesday 17 June 2015

Top 5 Wednesday: Books You Read in One Sitting (Or Close To)


So I started to join the Top 5 Wednesday group created by Lainey from gingerreadslainey: https://www.youtube.com/user/gingerreadslainey . Every week there is a new topic that you have to give your top 5 books for. I may not be doing this every week, but I will definitely be doing it sometimes. If you would like to join, here is the Goodreads group: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/118368-top-5-wednesday .

Anyways, if you can't already tell from the title, this week's topic is books you read in one sitting (or close to). This was hard for me to choose because I don't really remember how long it takes me to read books. But these were the ones that I could remember. So here we go!

5. Run by Gabby Tye



I remembered this book because I had read it recently. This is number five because I thought that it was okay. The story was rushed and the writing needed work. But the format of the book made it a SUPER quick read. I'm quite sure if I finished in a sitting, but it was definitely in one day (on a school day to be precise).

If you want to know more about this book, I have a review you can check out here: http://burningthroughpages.blogspot.sg/2015/05/run-by-gabby-tye.html

4. The Selection by Kiera Cass



The Selection was an entertaining, easy read and I finished it very quickly (obviously). Although it is not one of my favourite books, The Selection made for an enjoyable read and I whipped through it!

I have a review for this one as well, which you can check out here: 
http://burningthroughpages.blogspot.sg/2015/02/the-selection-by-kiera-cass.html


3. Paper Towns by John Green



This book I read right after I moved. I barely had any books with me, so it was nice to finally get a book that I hadn't already read and that I thought I would enjoy. Which I did. I remember reading it in my make-shift room and bringing it along to the grocery store so that I could finish. Overall a really great book and I whipped through it. Plus I'm super excited for the movie coming out in July!

2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling



If you are wondering why this is not number one, it's because I didn't technically finish it in one sitting (or a single day). When I reread Harry Potter last year I remember finishing somewhere between 200 and 300 pages in one day and reading the rest the next day. I marathoned through it, and of course I enjoyed it, it's a Harry Potter book for crying out loud!

1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green



I finished this book very quickly the second time I decided to read it! It was still just as good as I remembered! It was totally worth spending my day to read it!

So that is it for this Top Five Wednesday! Hope you enjoyed!


No comments:

Post a Comment